Cosmetic dentistry is an elective service fueled by a desire to restructure and improve a smile’s aesthetics.
Cosmetic trends, or what is commonly known as the types of dental treatments, are technologically varied and advanced. Complicated cosmetic dentistry covina procedures can get held in a small room’s confines with a single machine.
Smile makeovers are becoming more convenient with the added incentive of flexible and painless treatments, resulting in reduced recovery periods.
Essentials to expect at a cosmetic consultation
It is imperative to set realistic goals at a cosmetic consultation through effective communication with the dentist. While the dentist’s job is to brief the patient on the availed practice/service, the cosmetic consultation involves detailed legwork.
The dentist requires all the records concerning the patient’s dental history to create a customized and bespoke treatment plan. Bear in mind that the consultation process is vital and takes ample time to complete.
The following measures form a few of the many record collecting procedures undertaken by the dentist.
· Collecting the impressions of the upper and lower teeth
· Perusing and reviewing various tooth sizes and shapes to select an appealing and functional design
· Careful explanation of before and after aspects of the cosmetic service
· Extensive intraoral examination and determining the effects on existing dental work, if any
· Radiographs of the teeth sets
· Intraoral photographs
· Reviewing tooth colors
· Reviewing the structure of your smile to give a better understanding of what gets changed and to what degree
· Consultations with a patient coordinator for treatment scheduling and post-treatment care
· Detailed sessions with the office manager to discuss payment options and plans
The cosmetic consultation is the period where the patient must gauge the ambiance of the dentist’s services. Ensure to fulfill and clear all concerns regarding the diagnosis and the pre- and post-treatment procedures.
It is imperative to develop a positive impression of the dentist and its services before investing in them.